Successful applicants to
the MDS Residency Training Programme will be informed by end
Core Courses Requirements
Students will be required to:
Attend a Clinical Dental Photography
course during the first year of study.
Attend the Basic Course in Dental Implantology
Attend the Biostatistics course in preparation
for the Research Thesis.
(only for foreign students) Read the “SSM1205
The Nation’s health: Lesson from SARS” e-module
available at http://emodule.nus.edu.sg/SSM1205/
Attend the BCLS and ACLS course.
Attend any other compulsory courses as advised
by the respective Programme Directors.
Undertake a research project and publish a dissertation.
Research protocols are to be submitted by the end of year one.
Hepatitis B Immunity report for Incoming Students
- All students are required to submit a medical report with
information on current status with regards to Hepatitis B
Immunisation and serous status by a certified medical practitioner.
- This report is to be presented to the Division of Graduate
Dental Studies, Faculty of Dentistry, National University
Hospital Medical Affairs (Human Resources) as well as the
Singapore Dental Council.
Singapore Dental Council Registration
- All students are required to have a valid Singapore Dental
Council registration AND the annual practicing certificate
during the course of their study.
- For enquiries and to download the Application Form, please
refer to the Singapore
Dental Council website.
- Incoming students are required to submit completed forms
and required documentation to the Division of Graduate Dental
Studies, Faculty of Dentistry. The documentation will then
be forwarded to the Singapore Dental Council by the Faculty.
- Students will be required to go down personally to the
Singapore Dental Council personally on the day of Matriculation
to complete their registration.
Registration for Medical Protection
- All students are required to be covered against Medical
- Application to the Medical Protection Society can be made
Dental Association Application Forms as well as information
on Fees and Benefits can be downloaded from their website at
the FAQ section.
- Students may like to consider joining the Singapore Dental
Association to enjoy a discounted price towards application
for the Medical Protection Society. Information on joining
SDA is available at their website.
National University Health System Application
- Students are also required to register personally to the
NUHS Medical Affairs (Human Resources)
for the Dental Officer (Trainee) position.
- The malpractise insurance cover and Hepatitis B Immunity
Report should also be presented at the point of registration.
Payment of Tuition Fees
- Students are encouraged to open a banking account in Singapore.
For more information on banking in Singapore, please refer
- Students are also encouraged to apply for payment of tuition
fees by GIRO. More information on payment of fees and GIRO
application, please refer to the Office
of Finance (Student Section).
- For General
- Students are to download the tax invoice via Student Service Centre (ISIS) for payment of fees. They are to proceed to
the Office of Finance for payment accordingly.
NUS Student Matriculation Card
Your Matriculation Card is proof of your student status,
an access card for smart access to certain areas within the
Faculty and also your library card.
NUSNET Student Account
- Students will also be issued with a NUSNET USERID. This
USERID is used access NUSNET services, including the NUS email.
- Students can check their emails online via http://exchange.nus.edu.sg.
Students are responsible for checking their emails regularly
as official communications will be via these accounts.
- Students can also dial-up from home. Information can be
found at http://www.nus.edu.sg/dialup/
- This account also enables students to access the Faculty
of Dentistry Intranet (DENNET)
- Acceptable Use Policy
- It is compulsory for all MDS students to possess a notebook.
- Students may wish to consider doing so under the Notebook
Ownership Scheme. The University has secured a very attractive
notebook tender from which students can purchase your notebook.
Please evaluate and purchase all notebooks based on your budget.
A briefing will be conducted for all incoming students by
our IT Unit to familiarise them to the functions of the system.
International Students can access
useful information about Singapore and preparations for arrival
(e.g. housing, airport reception, etc) at Singapore at the:
of Student Affairs’s International Student Services webpage
Other Useful Links
Office of Finance
Immigration & Checkpoints
Awards and Scholarship for International Students